The Aviary Tour 2018
18:30: Doors / 18:45: Pat Lok / 19:45: CID / 21:00: Galantis / 23:00: Curfew
*Event timings issued are a guideline only and may be earlier or later than originally published.
For your safety and enjoyment of the event please note the following:
- PLEASE PRINT YOUR TICKET. WE CANNOT ACCEPT TICKETS SHOWN ON DEVICES.
- ID: this event is for 16 +. Valid photographic ID may be required on entry to the event (no photocopies or photographs will be accepted). Anyone who cannot provide valid photographic ID will not gain entry. Accepted forms of photographic ID are:
- Current UK Driving License
- Current UK Passport
- Young Scot Card
- Bags: please do not bring large bags. Bags over A3 size will not be allowed into the event.
- Searching: full searching will be in operation. Anyone in possession of an illegal substance or harmful item will not get into the event and will be passed to Police Scotland. Search dogs will be in attendance.
- Alcohol: know your limits. Anyone underage or over the limit will be refused entry or ejected from the event.
- Drinks: do not leave your drink unattended.
- Welfare: if you feel unwell or unsafe please speak to a steward. The stewarding, medical and welfare teams on duty are there to help.
- Weather: please dress for the cold weather expected this weekend, as you may have to queue outside for some time. A complimentary cloakroom is available inside The SSE Hydro.
Masters of dance-pop Galantis are back with their highly anticipated new album, “The Aviary” - out now!
“The Aviary” follows Galantis’ 2015 debut album “Pharmacy” which yielded two platinum-selling UK hits, ‘Peanut Butter Jelly’ and ‘Runaway (U&I)’. In 2017, the duo continues to go from strength to strength with over 1.2 billion Spotify streams to date. ‘No Money’ is now the duo’s biggest hit to date – platinum certified with over 600 million streams globally, 288 million YouTube views and iTunes Top 10 positions in 43 countries. Their recent smash ‘Hunter’ became their highest streaming debut to date, with over 1.2 million UK streams in its first week, swiftly going on to racking up over 68 million streams.
With certified bangers ‘No Money’, ‘Love on Me’, ‘Peanut Butter Jelly’ and ‘Runaway (U & I)’ all on BBC Radio 1’s A-list high rotation, Galantis is set to continue their hitmaking streak with “The Aviary”.
It is no surprise that Galantis have quickly become recognised worldwide for their ability to craft solid pop melodies, the duo boasts a unique DNA that sets them apart from their peers. Between the Grammy-nominated songwriting and production pair – Christian Karlsson (Bloodshy & Avant, Miike Snow) and Linus Eklöw (Style of Eye) – they have collaborated with top artists like Madonna, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Kylie Minogue, Charli XCX, Icona Pop, Lykke Li and Sky Ferreira to name a few. All up, Christian and Linus have written and produced over 10 UK #1 hits.
Christian (Bloodshy) was behind Britney Spears’ mega hit ‘Toxic’, which earned him a Grammy and Ivor Novello award, and Linus (Style of Eye) co-wrote and produced Icona Pop and Charli XCX’s global smash ‘I Love It’, which has sold over 4.3 million copies worldwide.
“Pretty much every Galantis song is a ballad before we turn it into house music,” they say of their ‘song first’ approach.
“Within dance music, there are not many producers that write the way we do. Most people start with a track and then a top liner comes in. We usually start with the chord progression and melody, then we move on to do the lyrics before we start dressing the song up to become a dance track.”
Galantis show no signs of slowing down, recently performing to huge shows at V Festival, Creamfields, Radio 1’s Big Weekend and a headlining a sold out gig at the O2 Academy Brixton before kicking off their “The Aviary” tour in North America this month, with European dates to be announced shortly.
The band toured relentlessly across the globe while making “The Aviary”, hitting Europe and welcoming crowds in Canada, North and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
For Karlsson and Eklöw, the key to their artistry’s evolution on “The Aviary” came in embracing change. Karlsson points to an epiphany he had whilst visiting an aviary in Hong Kong that helped inspire the new album’s namesake: “This is what we feel like when we are trying to write songs in the studio. Our minds are like an aviary, we just have to go in and find that beauty in there.”
“The Aviary” sees Galantis take their tour-de-force of dance-pop to a whole new level, featuring collaborations with a handful of new-generation hit-writing talents including ROZES (Chainsmokers), Bonnie McKee (Katy Perry), Poo Bear (Justin Bieber), and Wrabel (Ellie Goulding).
VIP Standing Ticket - £100.00
Galantis The Aviary Fan Experience
- One General Admission floor ticket with early entry into the venue
- Meet & greet and photo opportunity with Galantis
- One exclusive Galantis merchandise pack
- Exclusive commemorative VIP ticket
- Crowd-free merchandise shopping experience before doors
- On-site VIP host
Disclaimer: Please note that Level 3 is accessible by stairs only. Some areas of Level 2 and Level 3 may not be suitable for those with mobility difficulties, those who are not comfortable with heights or those who experience vertigo.
We anticipate you should receive your tickets at least 21 days prior to the event you are attending. Thank you for your patience.