THE SSE HYDRO FILM PROJECT
May – September 2018
Terms & Conditions
The ‘Company’ is the Scottish Event Campus Ltd, Glasgow, G3 8YW
The ‘Venue’ is The SSE Hydro, Scottish Event Campus, Glasgow, G3 8YW
Entry into this competition is deemed to be in acceptance of the following rules:
- The competition is only open to young filmmakers, aged 26 and under.
- The competition is not open to anyone directly connected with the competition.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries should consist either 1 A4 page OR a 1-minute video pitch, describing your idea for a 2-minute short film and telling us a bit about yourself AND an example of your past work.
- Shortlisted entrants must agree to promote their entry on personal social media channels.
- The prize will consist:
- Winner only - £4,000 (excl. VAT) film equipment vouchers (film equipment must be chosen by winner and will be purchased by Venue). Film screening at Kylie on 30 September 2018.
- All Shortlisted – promotion on Venue social media channels. Promotion on City Centre advertising sites. 1 x mentor session with an experienced filmmaker. 4 x tickets to a gig of your choice. Filming access to a pre-selected gig.
- Entries will be accepted from Tuesday 8 May 2018 to Tuesday 8 June 2018.
- Each valid entry will be judged by a panel of SSE Hydro directors and a shortlist of 5 will be selected on Thursday 14 June 2018.
- Filmmaking will commence on Monday 25 June 2018 and will end on Friday 31 August 2018.
- Final submissions must be received by Monday 3 September.
- The overall winner will be selected by public vote on www.thessehydro.com.
- Public voting will run from Monday 3 September 2018 to Friday 28 September 2018.
- The winner will be announced on Friday 28 September 2018 and will be notified on the same day.
- The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize by Saturday 29 September 2018 or the prize may be reallocated.
- The shortlist of 5 will be required to sign an agreement with SEC Ltd and show photographic ID as proof of age.
- The shortlist of 5 will be permitted entry to an event at the Venue in order to film.
- The available events will be pre-decided by the Venue and entrants must submit their choices at least 5 working days prior to the event date.
- There will be rules and regulations set by the event Promoter to follow when filming. All entrants must agree to meet these prior to filming.
- The Venue reserves the right to replace the prize with an equivalent prize without notice.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. The prize must not be sold on or transferred to another party.
- The shortlisted entrants and winner may be required to participate in publicity.
- The Venue will own all rights to all content submitted and reserve the right to use, promote and distribute as required in line with the competition.
- The Venue reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate the competition without prior notice.
- The Venue’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The venue accepts no liability for lost entries. The Venue and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this competition, including any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition.
- The entrants must act within the framework of acceptable and proper behaviour during the course of the competition and comply with all rules and regulations laid down by those providing the elements of the prizes.
- Transport to and from the venue and all other incidentals associated with the competition will be the responsibility of the entrants to arrange and not the responsibility of the Venue.
- No other expenses are included in the prize/ competition, e.g. travel, accommodation, food and beverage, etc.
- Anyone coming on site to film must abide by our Health and Safety rules and must attend a Health and Safety induction, prior to filming.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Venue accepts no liability for any loss, damage and/or personal injury suffered by the entrants.
- The Venue reserves the right to exclude any entries at its complete discretion, including those entries which the Venue believes to be fraudulent, or based on misconduct.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to the personal data they supply being used by the Venue to administer the competition.
- This prize draw and these terms are governed by Scottish law and are subject to the jurisdiction of Scotland Courts.